Faith and Family


SPG College, Trichinopoly


This was first established by the SPG as a High School within the Fort at Trichy in 1864. One of the early Principals was JT Margoeschis (1868-73), a relation of Rev Arthur Margoeschis of Nazareth, in whose time the school became so popular that it was raised to a second grade College. It then had a thousand students, mostly Hindus. In 1883, three years after the Wyatts arrived in Trichy, it became a first grade College offering degrees in conjunction with Madras University. By 1900 it had 1500 non-resident students and included seven Branch Schools. Rev John Alfred Sharrock was the Principal there 1907-09 just before he retired.


Back to Faith and Family




Share