British Empire Article


Kongwa School


Opened in 1948, Kongwa school operated a junior (above) and senior school (below). It was intended to be used by the staff of the Overseas Food Corporation who were overseeing the Grount Nut Scheme. Unfortunately, the failure of this scheme meant that the hoped for numbers of students could not be sustained. The school was closed in 1958 although a junior school continued on the site. Image above courtesy of John Hulbert Image below courtesy of Kongwa Connected


Tales From The African Bush




Share