Royal Artillery


Belt Plates


The left-hand plate was worn from 1824 to 1832. It is gilt with red and blue enamelling. The other ranks version was brass without the enamel. See Major Baynes 1826. The right-hand plate replaced the other in 1832. In 1837, when Queen Victoria took the throne the royal arms changed from the Hanoverian to the present day arms.



Pre-1850 Uniforms | Uniforms | Regimental details




Share




by Stephen Luscombe