Around 1828 the oval belt-plate was replaced with the rectangular type seen here. The officers' belt-plate on the left was more ornate. The plate itself was gilded brass, seeded not smooth. The silver star is mounted on a gilt step and has a gilt garter with rich blue enamel between the letters. The centre is silver with translucent red enamel forming the cross of St George.
The right-hand belt-plate is for privates and corporals and is brass. The plate is smooth.
Uniforms | Regimental Details