Corps of Guides


On Parade, 1897


This photo spread across two pages of the Navy and Army Illustrated (Sept 17th 1897) shows the two branches of the Corps of Guides, infantry and cavalry at their base at Mardan. All the British officers of infantry are mounted. The left of the picture can be seen in greater detail (see Cavalry) and the right of the picture can be seen in Infantry.


Uniforms | Regimental History




Share




by Stephen Luscombe