NCO Arm Badge c1920



The motto PRO REGE ET PATRIA was officially authorised for the Queen's Bays in 1909. This white metal badge was worn above the chevrons by NCOs above the rank of lance-corporal. Warrant Officers wore it on the forearm below their rank badge. They were worn in service dress and later on battledress. A badge of similar shape but in gilding metal was worn on the pouches of bandsmen and trumpeters. This badge is 56.9mm high by 50.1mm wide. After 1959 when the Bays and KDG amalgamated the basic design continued to be worn as an arm badge by NCOs but with QDG instead of BAYS in old English script, and the QEII crown.


Regimental details | Badges




Share




by Stephen Luscombe