Cornet Conrad William Curling Finzel


Conrad William Curling Finzel was born at Clevedon Hall, Somerset in 1845. Originally called Frankfort Hall and built by Conrad Finzel Senior in 1852. He was the owner of the Sugar Refinery in Bristol, married to Ann Lyda, but he died in 1859. He left the Hall to his son Conrad who expanded the land to 16 acres and built land holdings with a partner, John Budgett. This photo of Conrad is dated 1865 and shows him wearing the frockcoat of the Scots Greys. He purchased a commission as a cornet on 14 Feb 1864 and left the regiment on 22 Aug 1868. He joined the North Somerset Yeomanry Cavalry as a lieutenant on 14 Aug 1869 and resigned his commission on 15 May 1875 with the rank of Captain. He died in 1914.


Regimental Details | Soldiers




Share



by Stephen Luscombe