OfficerÕs Waist-Belt Clasp 1881-1902


Regimental waist-belt clasps replaced the shoulder-belt clasp in 1855 as the identification of the unit. The pre-1881 clasp was similar to the one shown here but had XIII or 13 instead of the Sphinx, and the title around the outer circle was PRINCE ALBERTÕS LIGHT INFANTRY. The clasp was worn with both the gold dress belt and the white leather undress belt. After 1902 the dress waist-belt was abolished and the crimson silk sash was worn around the waist instead of on the left shoulder. The sword was slung from a hidden web belt worn under the tunic.


Regimental Details | Badges




Share



by Stephen Luscombe