Army Gold Cross


Approved in 1813 by the Prince Regent. This medal was awarded to commemorate victories in the Napoleonic Wars. Only 163 crosses were awarded. Amongst the recipients was Sir William Maynard Gomm, Sir Charles Greville and Sir William Howe de Lancy whose decoration is seen here. This has the maximum of 5 clasps. They ceased to be awarded after the Peninsular War, the Order of the Bath was given instead.


Colonels | Regimental details




Share



by Stephen Luscombe