Shako Plate 1829-31


An elaborate badge for the bell-topped shako worn by other ranks at the end of the 1820s. In 1831 the whole regiment adopted the bearskin and shakos were dispensed with. This badge has oak leaves on one side and laurel on the other. A drawing of the badge appears in the Journal of the Society for Army Historical Research Vol XXVIII.


Regimental Badges | Regimental details




Share



by Stephen Luscombe