Shelley Farm


This photo shows the ruined walls of a building where Colonel Farquhar set up Regimental Headquarters from Feb to March 1915. He named it Shelley Farm. The officer sitting in the rubble, nonchalantly disregarding an unexploded shell, is Lieutenant W G Colquhoun MC, a very daring officer who was captured while reconnoitring on the night of 27/28 Feb. He made an attempt to escape but spent the rest of the war as a prisoner. In 1919 he was appointed Adjutant of the newly reorganised Regiment.


Regimental Details




Share



by Stephen Luscombe