Trafalgar Cemetery


Originally called Southport Ditch Cemetery, this graveyard was consecrated in 1798 some seven years before the battle for which it was renamed. Indeed there were only two battle casualties from that great battle buried here. Most of the other headstones are a mixture of styles for a variety of seamen. The graveyard stopped being used in 1814 and fell into serious desrepair until the 1980s when it was restored to some of its former glory.


Gibraltar | Gibraltar Images




Share