First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Despite these problems it did give Britain a much needed wake up call
- Britain instituted important reforms in the army to deal with the new style of warfare
- Britain introduced public health measures back in Britain to build a healthier pool of soldiers
- Organisations like the Scouts and gun clubs were started up to better prepare the young for a career in the military
- South Africa would become a ‘mostly’ loyal colony for the next two world wars
- Smuts even became a real champion for imperial union.
- Britain would be in a much better position to fight World War One than anyone expected after their problems in the Boer War.