First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
The Potsdam Conference
The three powers meet in 1945 to decide the division of Germany and how to finish the war against the Japanese.
- The Soviets are told of the Atomic bomb for the first time.
The Big three have changed!
- Roosevelt died and was replaced by Truman
- Truman proved to be a far tougher negotiator
- Churchill loses election. He is replaced by Labour Politician Clement Attlee.
- Stalin is still in control
Tensions begin to show
- Soviets speed up invasion of Manchuria.
- Truman and Churchill unwilling to see Poland moved.
- The Red Army occupies most of Eastern Europe.
- Lend lease terminated to Russians.