First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Directed by Zhdanov in order to combat
- "the aggressive and frankly expansionist course to which American imperialism has committed itself since the end of World War II.”
It also had strings attached
- Soviet advisers would ensure that industrialisation, collectivisation and centralisastion were key.
- Members were to trade with one another
- They were discouraged from trading with the West.
- Yugoslavia refused to join
Later became know as COMECON