The Order, established on Corfu in 1818, was to reward those from the Ionian Islands and Malta. From 1864 the honour was expanded to the Colonies in general. The chapel for the order is in St Pauls, where the Order resided from 1906 onwards.
CMG = Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George
Picture courtesy of Gov.uk