British Empire Article


Glugor House, Penang


Penang had been known to the British as Prince of Wales' Island. This particular picture shows Glugor House and Spice plantations overlooking the islands in and around Penang. David Brown was the owner of this estate from 1808 to 1825 and was instrumental in introducing nutmeg as a plantation crop to the area. Picture courtesy of Penang Museum


The Malayan Civil Service Article




Share