Officer's Jacket, 1815


An illustration by Brian Fosten showing the jacket introduced in 1812 but not adopted by the regiment until 1814 when they returned from the Peninsula. It is scarlet with dark blue velvet collar and cuffs and laced with silver and blue. The officers had a thin silver cord twist on the shoulder and red cloth button whereas the men had a white lace strap, matching the lace down the front. The jacket was fastened with hooks and eyes. The turnbacks were decorated with the regimental badge of St Patrick's Star, the men had a silver button.


Regiment | Uniforms




Share



by Stephen Luscombe