Helmet, 1834 - 1844


This replaced the helmet worn from 1820 to 1834 which was black painted metal with gilt leaf patterns and sunray badge and high bearskin crest. The all gilt/brass version here also had a tall bearskin crest in full dress (see On Parade 1835) but on campaign the crest was removed and replaced by the lion ornament seen here. The badge on the sunray plate at the front is a royal coat of arms with the PENINSULA battle honour underneath.


Regiment | Uniforms




Share



by Stephen Luscombe