NCO Arm and Collar Badges 1910



The first official arm badge for NCOs in the Queen's Bays was authorised in May 1910 although it wasn't worn until 1913. The silver badge on the left is the arm badge, worn above the chevrons by corporals and above. Lance-corporals in the Bays had the distinction of two stripes but without the badge. Ironically the badge was changed in 1909 to incorporate the recently sanctioned motto PRO REGE ET PATRIA on a scroll beneath but that was not adopted as an arm badge until after WW1. The badge was worn on the dress tunic and patrol jacket, but not khaki service dress. The gilding metal badge on the right was worn on the collar, but dated much earlier. They are both 30mm wide.


Regimental details | Badges




Share




by Stephen Luscombe