British Empire Article


Duchessa D'Aosta


7,872 GRT Italian cargo liner Duchessa D'Aosta, built in 1921 by Stabilimento Tecnico Triestino for Lloyd Triestino. British forces captured her in 1941 and she was transferred to the Ministry of War Transport as Empire Yukon. She was tranfferred to the Canadian Government in 1946 and renamed Petconnie in 1947. She returned to Italian ownership in 1951 as Liu O and was scrapped at La Spezia in 1952.

Picture courtesy of State Library of Queensland


Cutting out Expedition to Fernando Po Article




Share