British Empire Article


MV Teraka


This picture shows MV Teraka in her original Norwegian colours before she was transplanted to the Gilbert and Ellice colony. In Norway she had been known as Baroy III and had been built in 1952 and lenthened in 1956. She was bought in 1966 by the Gilbert and Ellice chain before being scuttled near Betio lighthouse in Tarawa. Picture courtesy of Norwegian coastal shipping services


Gracing the Gilberts Article




Share