Grant Tank 1942


The Grant was an American tank, officially known as the Medium Tank M3, first operational in late 1941. The main gun was 75mm and sponson mounted on the right side rather than central. This prevented the tank from taking a hull-down position. Overall it was not a satisfactory tank and was later replaced by the Sherman. However the Germans considered it superior to the Panzer IV at the time. The Lee tanks were basically Grants with a different turret. This photo of the Greys on a Grant in North Africa was taken near Alamein in July 1942.


Regimental Details




Share



by Stephen Luscombe