|The 1780 button was worn by officers, and was bone-backed with a silver face. The design is in relief.
Other ranks had pewter buttons with a rope design in relief round the edge, from 1767 to 1800.
When the 26th became a gold lace regiment in 1830 the officers had the third design shown here. This lasted until the introduction of the tunic in 1855.
The fourth design was worn by all ranks after the tunic was taken into wear.
Regimental Badges | Regimental details