Waterloo Medal


This was the first of the medals as we know them today, being awarded by the British Government to officers and other ranks alike. The medal was for the whole campaign including Ligny, Quatre Bras and Waterloo. Every soldier receiving it was credited with an extra two years service. They were issued in early 1816 and had either a ring or a bar attachment. The obverse side had the head of the Prince Regent, and the reverse side had winged victory on a plinth marked WATERLOO.


Regimental details




Share



by Stephen Luscombe