The Royal Irish Regiment


Buttons 1768-1901


The left hand button was worn by other ranks in North America. It was first issued in 1768 and made of pewter. The middle button is from Parkyn's book and is a gilt officer's button pre 1881. The right hand button is an officer's example, post 1881, and has the regimental motto in the circle around the harp.


Regimental Details | Badges




Share




by Stephen Luscombe