|The Dunvegan Castle was a assenger ship built by Harland and Wolff, launched 26 March 1936, completed 27 August 1936. She was requisitioned by the Admiralty in 1940 and converted to an armed merchant cruiser and renamed HMS Dunvegan Castle. She was torpedoed and sunk off Ireland by U-46 on 27 August 1940.|
Who Could Have Known?
Armed Forces | Art and Culture | Articles | Biographies | Colonies | Discussion | Glossary | Home | Library | Links | Map Room | Sources and Media | Science and Technology | Search | Student Zone | Timelines | TV and Film