British Empire Title

Sir Charles Orr's Memoirs Volume 2


War Office


Following the dissolution of the Board of Ordnance in 1858, the War Office moved into the Board's former offices in Cumberland House, Pall Mall (shown above); over the ensuing years it expanded into adjacent properties on Pall Mall, before finally being relocated to a purpose-built accommodation in what is now known as the Old War Office Building in 1906.


Charles Orr's Memoirs



Donate by Stephen Luscombe