Officer's Buttons 1830-56


The left hand gilt button has the crown with XIV over KLD with PENINSULA over the crown, worn from 1830 to about 1845. The right hand button has the Guelphic crown with 14 over KLD, and PENINSULA above the crown. That was worn by officers from 1845 until the introduction of the tunic in 1856.


Regimental Details | Badges



Armed Forces | Art and Culture | Articles | Biographies | Colonies | Discussion | Glossary | Home | Library | Links | Map Room | Sources and Media | Science and Technology | Search | Student Zone | Timelines | TV & Film | Wargames


by Stephen Luscombe