The guidon was consecrated at Regina on 13th April 1935 and presented to the Force by His Excellency the Earl of Bessborough, Governor General of Canada.
It is 3' 5" (104cm) by 2' 3" (68.5cm). It is of crimson silk embroidered in gold and with a gold fringe round the edge. The cords and tassles are mixed gold and crimson silk. The lance is 8'6" (2.6m) including the crest. It has the 4 battle honours granted before World War II, and the cypher of King George V. On September 21, 1957, the Honourable George R. Pearkes, Minister of National Defence, on behalf of the Canadian Army, presented the badge of the Canadian Provost Corps and a scroll of honour to the RCMP. The badge, inscribed with the dates 1939 - 1945, was attached to the Force's Guidon by the minister.
Armed Forces | Art and Culture | Articles | Biographies | Colonies | Discussion | Glossary | Home | Library | Links | Map Room | Sources and Media | Science and Technology | Search | Student Zone | Timelines | TV & Film | Wargames |