British Empire Title

Royal Horse Artillery


The Riding Troop 1946


On 13 June 1946 the Riding Troop paraded in St John’s Wood for it’s first post-War Salute. The guns were 18-pounders because there was not enough ammunition for the 13-pounders. Two gunners are seated on each limber as was the custom formerly, but it was soon discontinued. The officers do not have shabraques and sheepskins on their saddles. The building on the right of the photo is the Officer’s Mess, and the large building in the background is the Riding School, built in 1824 and designed by Major Tylden RE.


Regimental Details | RHA King's Troop

Donate by Stephen Luscombe