Occupants of The Wood


The occupants of St John’s Wood Barracks from 1804 are recorded on a board outside the guardroom. The various Troops of the RHA were housed there from 1880, each serving a three year tour of duty as the Saluting Battery.


Regimental Details




Armed Forces | Art and Culture | Articles | Biographies | Colonies | Discussion | Glossary | Home | Library | Links | Map Room | Sources and Media | Science and Technology | Search | Student Zone | Timelines | TV & Film | Wargames


by Stephen Luscombe