Fort James Sarawak


Fort James was built in 1849 at the mouth of the Batang Skrang. Due to flooding it had to be moved in 1864 down the Batang Lupar to a new site and renamed as Fort Alice.


Sarawak




Share


Armed Forces | Art and Culture | Articles | Biographies | Colonies | Discussion | Glossary | Home | Library | Links | Map Room | Sources and Media | Science and Technology | Search | Student Zone | Timelines | TV & Film | Wargames |


by Stephen Luscombe