Sarawak Club in Kuching was a haven for the administrators of Sarawak. A club had been established in 1876 but was relocated to one of the highest points (and therefore coolest) of Kuching in 1927. It was later used by the British colonial administrators after 1946.
Image Courtesy of The National Archives
Armed Forces | Art and Culture | Articles | Biographies | Colonies | Discussion | Glossary | Home | Library | Links | Map Room | Sources and Media | Science and Technology | Search | Student Zone | Timelines | TV & Film | Wargames |